Dear SimWorld Entertainment,I'm sure that every applicant you receive will begin by stating "I've never done anything like this before..." so I will choose not to be different. In that manner at least.
My name is James Johns and I am a farmer wishing to apply for the slot in your upcoming tv reality show, "A Farmer Takes a Wife." I currently farm on the same spread of land as my family before me going back four generations. I knew I would eventually move back to the country and take over for my parents I had hoped it would be in the distant future.
I must admit, however, that is probably where any similarity to other applicants you receive will end.
I am a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Desiderata A&M majoring in Biology with a minor in Law. I chose these degrees for a two-fold reason. I knew that I would need to return to the farm someday, hence the Biology degree, yet I had originally planned to join the police force, hence Law.
Little did I know that my plans were not to be.
My last day at D A&M was by far the oddest day of my life. To date, that is.
Desiderata and the surrounding Valley had not had snow in June in all of recorded history. And sitings of a penguin in the area were given as much credence as the latest UFO sitings in Strangeville. Sure, there was talk, but no one would truly believe the strange tales.
You can well imagine our surprise when we awoke the final day of exams to find a coating of snow covering the campus.
So when I returned from my final exam and saw a small tuxedo-dressed flightless bird by my mailbox I paused for a moment fully expecting to hear the voice of Rod Simling and the strange music of his tv show.
Instead, I heard the voice of my career counselor Professor Jerith Coldwater calling my name.

"Mr. James?" She queried.
I discovered years ago that it is never a good thing when an elder refers to me by "Mr." but instead of running for the hills as I wanted, I nodded my head in affirmation.
She then proceeded to tell me the news that would bring my life crashing down around my ears. My parents were gone.My wonderful parents had decided to surprise me and come to my graduation after all. Believe me when I say that getting Paw away from the farm was a major undertaking on Ma's part.
They made reservations at a local hotel and checked in to their plush room the night before. They were found this morning when the maid came to make up the room.
Apparently they had decided to take advantage of the hot tub on the balcony outside their room. While snuggling and in mid-kiss the freak snowstorm from last night blew in and somehow caused the hot tub to cross-circuit. They became conjoined icicles instantly.

6 comments:
Aww, poor James! It's never a good thing when a sim's plans get derailed, but to have them done in such a horrible manner. :-( And his parents are frozen together? They're going to have to get a double-casket or something! Poor guy. *comforts*
(And am I REALLY the first comment? *bounce* Or is approval turned on?)
Oh DEAR!!! Conjoined popsicles/icicles!!! O__o What a way to go! Well, at least they went together. *sniffles* Poor James.
I'm sure they thawed his parents out and put them in separate caskets. Poor guy.
Aww... at least his parents were happy when they went.
And am I the only one that caught the initials of the college? DAM(n) LOL
Aw. Poor James. I hope he's able to find a good woman to share his life with.
OMG what a way to go!
But golly how sad .. he lost his parents .. y'all are mean to do that to him!
well now you need to find him a sweet wifey to make it all bettah
Okay, I must be a very bad person, because I giggled madly at the thought of conjoined icicles. Do we want to know what his parents were doing in the hot tub at the time (were they even clothed?) *giggles*
Yes yes, I know... terrible tragedy and all that ;) Not the sort of surprise poor James was expecting for graduation. I do hope he's able to find a nice young lady to take up homesteading with.
Post a Comment