Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Application #7

Here we are Ladies and Gentlemen, our last finalist. Let's meet her shall we?

Hello and welcome to "A Farmer Takes A Wife." Please introduce yourself and tell us why you wish to be chosen as a finalist for our show. Hi. I'm Vicki. Vicki Johnson. I've lived in the city all of my life and am really ready to make a change. I need something different in my life. I mean, sure the city has malls, and bars, and theaters, and off-off-off-off Mainway shows, and great transit systems, and... well, I could go on and on, but the fact is, it also has people. Lots and lots and lots of people.

Everywhere you go, there they are - more people.

What makes you want to move to a farm? Why not just move to a smaller city?

Once, when I was in elementary school, we took a field trip to a farm. Oh sure, it was really just a pumpkin farm, but there was space there. Lots and lots of space. Everywhere you looked - more space. I remember that trip so well.

There were no blowing horns, no el trains, no arguing neighbors you could hear through paper-thin walls, no sirens blaring 24/7, no people looking out their apartment windows straight into your apartment windows, no... Oh gee, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to get so heated up over city living. *takes a deep breath*
Anyway, as I was saying, just space. Space to live, silence to think, good fresh air to breath. That's what I'm looking for.

And what about the Farmer?

Oh, don't worry. I'll gladly share my space with him, if you get my meaning. He'll have no reason to worry or complain about that.
I... *ahem* I see.
Well, there we are Ladies and Gentlemen. The seven finalists who hope to woo and win fair Farmer's heart.

Who will be successful? Who will be the first to go? We will be finding that out soon.

Please join us, if you will, for the first installment of "A Farmer Takes A Wife" coming soon to a television near you.

This show is brought to you by SimWorld Entertainment, a subsidiary of Edukational Teknologi. If it's fun and Edukational, it must be SWE/ET.

Our producers would like to thank the following people who helped in the filming of many of the auditions and interviews you have seen here; Captain Angelia, Aeronwy, Kethwyn, Kimberly, Lisa, Ruby, and Suz.

6 comments:

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Guess she doesn't like the crowds of the big city, eh? She definitely needs to move to the country, even if she doesn't get chosen as JJ's wife.

Wow, all 7 applications were written by other folks. :-D Do we ever get to find out who wrote which ones?

Kethwyn said...

Wow, she seems strung a little tight... but once she unwinds she might be okay. It sounds like she really wants to live in the country, though maybe not for all the same reasons James does.

MysticSpirit said...

I can SO empathize with her. :O)) I understand entirely what she means. :O)) Although, it's nice being in kind of a sub-burb kind of area. That way, you don't get as much noise ... :O) Especially if your apartment has soundproofing. ;O>

I like her. I like her a lot. *roots for this one*

Lisa said...

I think I like this one the best.

Good luck, ladies.

Bubbs said...

Will the farmer help her unwind??? I can think of many ways he can help her...

Roo said...

hmmm ... oddly .. i like her best LOL